The Hamlet Reader
The Hamlet Reader, with its completely blank version of Shakespeare's play to annotate, along with ancient and modern paired readings, is an indispensable addition to a classroom or a fan's collection. It includes
- A blank, full-text version of Shakespeare's Hamlet
- Portions of The Danish History
- Selections from Virgil's Aeneid
- T.S. Eliot's famous essay, "Hamlet and his Problems"
- An explanation of Elizabethan demonology
- Biblical passages referenced in the text
- Paired sonnets
- A chapter from the modern retelling Laertes
- And many more sources, essays, poems, and other helpful materials for teaching and appreciating Hamlet!
This product comes as a downloadable PDF.